Monday, January 15, 2007

2 years, 5 months, 3 weeks and 3 days

That's how long we made it without an ER visit for Grom. It all ended today.

Midmorning yesterday, Grom became a hot soggy noodle. He's had a fever of 103F+ since then. He aches and is a zoned out space cadet. I made an appointment for him tomorrow.

But at 6 pm, he got really cranky and his temp was 105.3. I called the MD on call and was advised to go to the ER for a chest x-ray. He suspected pneumonia.

Of course the last dose of motrin kicked in as we waited (and waited and waited) in the waiting room (very appropriatly named). By the time we saw the doctor, Grom was talking, hungry, laughing, playing - basically acting like a toddler.

I did get the correct dosages of motrin and acetaminophen for his weight. Probably could've googled it and saved the $100.

Next time I'm taking video of the kid I have at home that caused the 1/2 hour drive to the hospital so I have proof that I'm not a hyperexcitable mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment