Here's a recipe we've been enjoying lately. It's great for stocking the freezer and easy to prepare for serving. It cooks from frozen, so this is great for when I forget to plan ahead.
I like to triple the recipe putting 2 batches into the freezer for later.
ingredients: (per batch)
2# boneless skinless chicken breasts, thighs or combination
1# frozen corn
1 can black beans - rinsed and drained
1 onion - chopped
2 tsp cumin
3 cloves garlic - chopped (I use frozen garlic cubes from Trader Joe's)
1 bunch cilantro chopped
1/4 c lime juice (about 2 limes)
gallon freezer ziplock bag
1) label ziploc bag with date and crockpot directions - 4hrs high or 8 hrs low (I always cook this on low)
2) put all ingredients in the ziplock bag and place in freezer - if you can freeze in a round container that will fit inside your crockpot, it will be easier when it's time to cook it.
1) spray crockpot with non-stick spray
2) remove meal from the freezer
3) carefully peel the ziplock bag away from the frozen ingredients
4) plop ingredients into crockpot
5) set on low (my preference) for 8 hrs or high for 4 hrs - as crockpots vary check occasionally to prevent overcooking.
6) when chicken is cooked through, use forks or tongs to shred the chicken
1) heat tortillas over gas flame on stove
2) serve with shredded lettuce or cabbage, guacamole, shredded cheese, hot sauce, salsa, etc.
I've made the leftovers into enchiladas, baked taquitos, nachos and taco buns (like a sloppy joe). It's a very versatile recipe. Hope you enjoy.
(recipe is based on a couple different recipes)